A leadership speech is a speech given by a leader in any field or industry. The purpose of a leadership speech is to address the people who work under the leader. As such, the speech can be between formal to semi-formal to engage with the audience. Since the audience is made up of employees, the speech is supposed to draw them in and get them to trust in your leadership skills.
Tips for giving a great leadership speech
- Start the speech with an ice breaker. It can be a personal or funny story that can draw your audience’s attention.
- Personalize the message of the speech. Make everyone feel like they have a place on the team.
- Maintain eye contact and a firm but approachable personality.
- Use creative examples to explain difficult themes to the audience.
- Use the correct body language to accompany your speech.
End with a call to action. Your leadership speech should have a clear message at the end.