A behavioral interview focuses on your ability to perform your job based on your experience. The recruiters usually ask questions to see how you handled situations in your previous jobs. Therefore, your answers should reveal your capabilities, skills, and ability at problem-solving.
A behavioral interview uses your past behavior to predict how you will handle those same situations if they come up in the position you are interviewing for.
How to answer behavioral interview questions
For instance, Amazon behavioral interview questions typically require you to give an example of how you solved a problem in your previous job. It would be helpful if you were proactive in answering these questions. An excellent method to use to answer the Amazon behavioral interview questions is to leverage the “STAR” method:
- S – Situation; Tell the situation that you were in
- T – Task; Describe what task you had to complete
- A – Activity; Outline the actions you took to complete the task
- R – Result; State the positive results you got from your actions
Facebook behavioral interview questions examples
Facebook is one of the top places to work, and thousands of people apply there every year. Here are some Facebook behavioral interview questions:
- What do you do to stay motivated?
- How do you build relationships?
- Tell me about a project you’re proud of?
- How would you react if your interviewer didn’t show up?
- Why do you want to work for Facebook?